Limitation in display setting

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 14:28:46 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 9:38 AM, Georgi Kourtev<gkourtev at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday 26 June 2009 09:39:10 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
>> What's your video card - nvidia? ati?
>>
>> You probably need to activate the restricted drivers
>> (KMenu|Applications|System|Hardware Drivers)
>>
> When I do that, it shows me only two Nvidia drivers.  I tried with both of
> them and the situation is even worst.
> gk

I have never been able to change my monitor settings to what I want
from System settings. I think it's because that xrandr is not well
supported in the Nvidia driver and that I have two connected monitors.
What you can do is to use the Nvidia X Server settings program to
configure your monitor.

/ Jonas