KDE Clipboard and non-KDE applications

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 09:57:17 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Bogdan
Bivolaru<bogdan.bivolaru at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello gang,
>
> I would like to know what's the state of the interoperability between KDE
> clipboard and other applications, outside KDE, especially Firefox. In my
> opinion it would be a requirement that all desktop environments and
> applications can use a single, standard format/protocol for clipboard, at
> least for basic usage (Copy-Paste).
>
> Will this topic be addressed at the Guadec/Akademy 2009 meeting/s? Are there
> any plans/projects on the interoperability in this field?
>
> I know there has been some sort of a flame war on this topic, but I had to
> ask anyway.
>
> Have a nice day,
> Bogdan

I use Klipper and Firefox. They work well together. Off all the apps,
firefox is the lamest but cut and paste work find but what does not
always work is highlight and middle button click to paste, but even
that mostly works.
--
Douglas E Knapp

Why do we live?