KDE Clipboard and non-KDE applications

Bogdan Bivolaru bogdan.bivolaru at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 09:46:29 UTC 2009

Hello gang,

I would like to know what's the state of the interoperability between KDE
clipboard and other applications, outside KDE, especially Firefox. In my
opinion it would be a requirement that all desktop environments and
applications can use a single, standard format/protocol for clipboard, at
least for basic usage (Copy-Paste).

Will this topic be addressed at the Guadec/Akademy 2009 meeting/s? Are there
any plans/projects on the interoperability in this field?

I know there has been some sort of a flame war on this topic, but I had to
ask anyway.

Have a nice day,
Bogdan

--
"The best way to predict the future is to invent it.", 1971, Alan Kay:
http://www.smalltalk.org/alankay.html