Kmail wants localhost

Jeffrey Barish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 24 03:05:34 UTC 2009

Derek Broughton wrote:

> Jeffrey Barish wrote:
>
>> Ever since I was forced to do a hot reset, Kmail has been complaining
>> that
>> it cannot connect to host localhost.  I don't have an account for
>> localhost, so I'm not sure what it's referring to.  I do have a localhost
>> entry in /etc/hosts, but somehow I don't think that's what it's referring
>> to.  I grepped in .kde/share/apps/kmail.  Nothing there.  Any ideas?
>
> You have an "Account" (either Receiving - POP3 or IMAP - or Sending -
> SMTP)
> that specifies to connect to localhost.  If you don't need one, delete it.

Good theory.  It makes sense, but none of my kmail accounts refer to
localhost.  The message that I get is actually from kontact, so I don't
actually know that the problem is with kmail.  However, I checked the
configuration for news also.  Localhost is mentioned nowhere.  And by the
way, everything works, so I'm pretty sure that the accounts are all set up
correctly.  It's just that this error message is annoying.
--
Jeffrey Barish