Adding a Konsole Session

Tim Johnson tim at johnsons-web.com
Tue Jun 23 17:47:55 UTC 2009

* Michael Hirsch <mdhirsch at gmail.com> [090623 08:46]:

> I've tested this with KDE 3.5.  God knows how it works in KDE 4.x, but
> I bet it is something simliar.  I added a mylinux.desktop file to
> ~/.kde/share/apps/konsole/ and it showed up in the menu of a new
> konsole.  Strangely, the Name field in the file didn't affect how it
> showed up, but the Comment field did.  That seems backwards, to me.
  Yup. That did it.
  1)Created ~/.kde/share/apps/konsole/rebol.desktop
  2)Config follows:
  [Desktop Entry]
  Type=KonsoleApplication
  Name=Rebol Interpreter
  Comment=Rebol
  Exec=/usr/bin/rebol
  Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/pwr-rebol.png
  Now I can launch the rebol interpreter as pull-down
  item from Konsole->Session.
  And I'm sure I can do this for mutt also.
  Thanks folks!
--
Tim
tim at johnsons-web.com