Server choices - linux / MS?

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kubuntu.org
Tue Jun 23 09:22:19 UTC 2009

Hi John,

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 22:41, John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> I strongly suggest Linux over Windows. I like Slackware but Fedora
> has a good rep also. Ubuntu and Kubuntu are aimed at the end user
> market, not the server market.

Sorry, but that is not true. Ubuntu server has been here for ever,
well at least from the very beginning of the Ubuntu project, and
Canonical and Ubuntu have hundreds of example cases of large to very
large server deployments.

FYI, any Linux distribution is a server distribution, it only depends
what tools you put in, and there always has been an Ubuntu server
distribution.

There's an irc channel #ubuntu-server on freenode.net, if you want
some additional information, feel free to drop by. Also you should
check this page:

http://www.ubuntu.com/products/WhatIsUbuntu/serveredition

Regards, Myriam

http://www.fsfe.org