Konqueror cache

Bruce Marshall bmarsh at bmarsh.com
Mon Jun 22 20:35:18 UTC 2009

On Monday 22 June 2009, Michael wrote:
> For years I have had issues with Konqueror over several distributions.
> Specifically, being able to view videos from foxnews.com.  Then, several
> weeks ago, Konqueror actually started working - I could see the videos
> on foxnews.com - but only intermittently.  Today was no different.  This
> morning, I was able to view the videos, but not this afternoon.  I am
> totally embarrassed to say that the issue was fixed by simply clearing
> the cache in Konqueror.

Your recent problem (intermittant) may have been solved by clearing cache, but
the Foxnews videos were NOT watchable for a long, long time.  That was when
you probably first had the problem.  They were apparently using a flash format
that was incompatible with the linux flash player.  This cleared up within the
last year and I have had no problems with the videos since.

So yes, you had a hard failure prior to Foxnews cleaning up their act.  :-)