Adding app shortcuts to panels

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 22 16:54:10 UTC 2009

On Saturday 20 June 2009 04:01:27 am Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi Steven,
>
> On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 00:47, Steven Vollom <stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
> > On Friday 19 June 2009 01:06:50 pm Nils Kassube wrote:

> > > But it works the same way in 4.2.2, no need to wait :)
> >
> > Not in my 4.2.2. Most will not allow a right-click move to panel. The do
> > give the option to make Favorite, though, so I use that for the
> > applications I use the most. It is just one step slower; I can deal with
> > that, but it sounds like 4.3 has at least one feature I have been
> > wanting.
>
> Well, it should, I just checked on another computer running Intrepid
> with KDE 4.2.2, the option is always there. Make sure you have all
> basic KDE packages installed (hint: those in the main repository).
>

> Regards, Myriam
>
> --
> Protect your freedom and join the Fellowship of FSFE:
> http://www.fsfe.org
> Please don't send me proprietary file formats,
> use ISO standard ODF instead (ISO/IEC 26300)
When I use the command line and type in kdesudo apt-get update and upgrade, do
they provide the appropriate files?  If I use sudo apt-get update and upgrade,
do they provide the appropriate files?  If I just keep current with the
automatic updates and upgrades does that provide the right files?  These are
the methods I have used to keep current.  Thanks

Steven