Server choices - linux / MS?

Alex Faure alex.faure at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 10:29:55 UTC 2009

I am installing a small server to server 20 windows users in an office.
I need to use it to manage emails - download to server and then to users and
visa versa. It will also be used for windows updates - 1 update, cached and
then available to all users (not sure yet how I will do this)
I also want to make backups onto the server of user's data. (automatically)
The server will not be used as a live data source for users.
Any advice on installation and utilities I can use
Any suggestions if this would be OK as a Linux solution - or do I need
windows server? If linux - which distro/version would be ideal. I only know
Ubuntu and Kubuntu - suggestions would be great!
Regards

Lex