What's a blocked update

Terrell Prude' Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sat Jun 20 19:54:13 UTC 2009

Willy Hamra wrote:
> 2009/6/20 Paul Lemmons <paul at lemmons.name>

Ah, a "Tom Swifty"...I haven't seen those in a long time!  :-)

Actually, Paul is also correct.  This will indeed happen in the case of
a newer version of a piece of software, for which not all the prereq's
are available yet.  And that includes a "dist-upgrade", which is about
the only type of update I do anymore.  Matter of fact, I saw it happen
on my Kubuntu Jaunty KDE 4.3Beta box just a week or two ago (it was a
kernel update).  Waiting a few days for all the updates to appear on the
repositories cleared it all up, and my "dist-upgrade" proceeded without
further incident.

--TP