Lost sound control after yesterday's updates

Nigel Ridley nigel at prayingforisrael.net
Sat Jun 20 04:48:43 UTC 2009

Dell Inspiron 1525 running Jaunty.

I updated my laptop yesterday which included the new kernel (2.6.28-13-generic) and I have now
lost the ability to adjust the volume control by either the touch buttons on the laptop or
scrolling whilst hovering over the speaker icon on the panel.
I can only adjust the volume by opening KMix and using the sliders.

Does this affect other users of different hardware, or is it specific to the Inspiron 1525?

Blessings,

Nigel