What's a blocked update

Paul Lemmons paul at lemmons.name
Fri Jun 19 23:27:36 UTC 2009

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: What's a blocked update
From: Jerry Lapham <rjlapham at gmail.com>
To: kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Date: 06/19/2009 04:06 PM
> Today when I clicked on the Software Updates icon it showed 4 bug fix
> updates and 4 "blocked updates." The blocked updates were for kernel
> 2.6.28.11.15. I clicked on "Apply all available updates" and it
> downloaded and installed the bug fixes but not the blocked. The icon
> still showed 8 updates available.
>

> -Jerry
> Jerry Lapham
> Monroe, OH 45050
> rjlapham at gmail.com
> "I'm a middle linebacker," Tom said defensively.

This usually happens when apt recognizes that there is a newer version
of a piece of software is available but not all of the prerequisites for
it are available yet. Often doing an apt-get update will find the
prerequisite software. If not, the best solution is to simply wait until
they are.

--
Sometimes I wonder.  Were our faith able to stand upright and look around, would it be looking down at the mustard seed or standing in awe of the height and breadth of it.