Connecting from Live CD

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 19 22:55:53 UTC 2009

On Friday 19 June 2009 12:18:07 pm David Kuntadi wrote:
> When you run live cd, it is connected through eth2.
>
> Boot from harddisk, open ternimal and issue:
>
> gksudo gedit /etc/network/interfaces
>
> add below lines:
>
> auto eth2
> iface eth0 inet dhcp
>
> Save and close the text editor, and run in terminal:
>
> sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart
>
> After that, check again ifconfig, see whether eth2 now already up. If
> it is up, you should be able to connect internet.
>
> DK

gksudo is not currently installed, and I can not install because I am not able
to connect.  Shoot, and that sounded like it may work.  I never had cause to
use that application yet, so it was not installed.  Thanks for trying; you are
terrific.

Is there any way to download something like that to a folder and create a live
CD with it.  It is probably a crazy thought, but it passed through the cobwebs
of my mind and exited my through my hands.  There have been several things I
could not try due to lack of connection.  I have been trying to figure out  way
to get applications to a  state of live CD, where I can install them like we
did with Sindoze.

Steven

Steven