I need write access to local disks in Dolphin (both installed and LiveCD)

Willy K. Hamra w.hamra1987 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 23:45:45 BST 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Kubuntu 9.04
>
> I do not have write access to local hard drives that show up in
> Dolphin's Places sidebar. How can I get write access? This applies to
> installed systems, and to systems running the LiveCD (both suffer from
> this issue). Thanks.

i'm not sure, first, if the disk is not mentioned in fstab, dolphin fils
to mount it properly using HAL. if it's there, it asks for root
password, and mounts it. but this is not alway this case, i seriously
have no idea how this HAL thing works, so i find it best to mention
everything in fstab, and not set them to automount of course, along with
permissions and everything. this way, dolphin never acts up. i's a cool
feature of dolphin, but like most of KDE, lacks documentation. any news
about KDE4 documentation btw? i mean full bloated documentation not the
simple click here get this basic documents.

--
Willy K. Hamra
Manager of Hamra Information Systems