command for downloading a package to save

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 17 17:14:06 UTC 2009

On Monday 15 June 2009 06:29:37 pm Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Monday 15 June 2009 09:15:46 Eberhard Roloff wrote:
> > No, Lisi recommended to download a linux based CD rom that
> > is mainly used to scan windows computer for virusses. And
> > there are reasons for this. ;-)
> >
> > However, as it is a boot CD, it can most probably also scan
> > linux machines, should you need it for that purpose.
>
> It can.  I have used it to track down Windows viruses residing on my
> husband's computer, so that  he does not send them on to his many Windows
> using friends.
>
> Lisi
I downloaded it, copied it to CD; when finished with copy, during verification
it reported that the data did not agree.  I downloaded again and copied to CD.
Again during verification it reported that the data did not agree.  I also
tried the CD's to see if they might load anyway.  They did not.  I just don't
know what else to do.  Thanks for trying.

Steven