command for downloading a package to save

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Tue Jun 16 21:05:19 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:

> About ifconfig, it didn't make any sense to me either, but I have
> learned that I don't understand things the way you do, many times, so I
> just do as told.

Steven, no problem. I do this myself more to often, just as
well. However this is dangerous. Imagine someone gave you
wrong advice, that would distroy your data.

So it is way better to understand what you do before you do
it. And if in doubt, your will have the guts to ask about it.

That way if it is not necessary the data can be
> rejected, but if I make a decision to not include something that doesn't
> make sense to me, I may be wrong and then am considered stubborn or
> whatever. I just typed it in so that it was there if it should be and
> you wanted it.
>

> By the way, any time I am comparing the laptop with the other computer,
> I use the exact same cables--everything that is used and done to the
> one, is duplicated the exact same way on the other, so that the test is
> accurate.

Excellent. This is about the only way to not bring more
(potential) problems to the equation.

Take care out there
Eberhard