KDE4 speed impressions.

Irving Leonard irving.lp at feestudiantes.cujae.edu.cu
Tue Jun 16 16:23:42 UTC 2009

El Sunday 14 June 2009 03:46:12 am Dotan Cohen escribió:
> > I can confirm it. I try jaunty in a Toshiba Satellite A70 (Celeron 2.8GHz
> > 256MB RAM, 64MB shared with video wich is ATI Mobility Radeon 9000IGP;
> > openradeon driver).
> > A simple action like scrolling in kmail cause the cpu to climb from 18%
> > to 100%. Something bigger like dragging a window is nearly impossible. I
> > begin a thread here (in the list) but get no response. I also post (in
> > launchpad among others) a possible bug in linux kernel because it detects
> > my device as 9100 instead of 9000.
>
> Thanks, Irving. Can you please post links to the thread and the bugs?
Sorry, my mistake, it has 512MB RAM (instead of 256MB)

My thread start with:
From: Irving Leonard <irving.lp at feestudiantes.cujae.edu.cu>
To: kubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: KDE4 unusefull in a toshiba satellite A70
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 00:39:20 -0400

another mistake, I report another bug in launchpad (an ACPI related, it was
reported, I made a comment
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.17/+bug/70102);
about the kernel I open a thread in ubuntuforums
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7187342#post7187342 . I guess is a
kernel bug because knoppix 5.1 make the same mistake (mobility radeon 9100IGP
instead of 9000IGP)
--
regards
irving