**RESOLVED**Re: Is there virus removal software for Jaunty KDE**THANKS**

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 15 20:35:57 UTC 2009

On Sunday 14 June 2009 06:38:54 am David McGlone wrote:
> On Sunday 14 June 2009 03:49:38 am Steven Vollom wrote:

> > > How are you writing to the list if you have no Internet?
> > >

> > > --
> > > Blessings,
> > > David M.
> > > http://www.dmcentral.net
> >
> > I fixed an old broken laptop and connected the cable from the modem to
> > the back of the laptop and it works fine.  Eberhard said to look for
> > linux apps.  If I do that, I don't know how to install a tar ball.  If I
> > found a .deb, could I download it to a folder, copy it to disk or flash
> > drive and install it in the other machine that way.  Or could I download
> > Klamov using this command, kdesudo apt-get Klamov without the word
> > install, just to get the application, copy it to disk or flash then
> > install it in the other machine.
> >
> > When I use a package manager to install an application, I really do not
> > understand what it does when applied.  Same thing when using the konsole.
> > I just type in kdesudo apt-get install and the application, then the
> > computer automatically does it's thing.  I can't do that now, because it
> > has to be downloaded to the laptop saved to disk and installed in the
> > other box.
> >
> > I feel so stupid; apparently it is so easy that no one will explain.
> > Still, I can't figure it out.
>
> Here ya go. I don't know which packages you need. Click on this link and
> scroll down and there is clamassassin, clamav, clamav-base, clamav-daemon,
> clamav-data, clamav-freshclam, clamav-get files.
>
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/utils/
>
> when you click on each package link, it will take you to another page,
> scroll to the bottom and choose your architecture to download the .deb
> files.
>
> --
> Blessings,
> David M.
> http://www.dmcentral.net
Thanks David.  Let's let this conversation discontinue.  It is starting to
hurt the list.  I believe you all now.  I wish my thinking was more orderly.

You have been a great friend and I will use this information when off the air.
But it as burdened the bandwidth and taken a life to great for the problem.

Thanks again friend.

Steven