OT. Avimerge

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 15 05:07:21 UTC 2009

On Sunday 14 June 2009 06:10:58 pm Clay Weber wrote:
> On Sunday 14 June 2009 2:36:15 am Steven Vollom wrote:

> > > http://pwet.fr/man/linux/commandes/avisplit
> > > It is a command line program. The man page does list some examples on
> > > how to use it.
> > >
> > > What specific task are you looking to perform? There may be a GUI app
> > > that does it for you (avidemux is a general avi editor/converter/tool,
> > > for example)
> >
> >  Could someone give me a brief instruction how to use avisplit?  I plan
> > to split .avi files with the knowledge.  Thanks!
> >
> > Steven
>
> Ok. From reading over the example command given on the man page, I would
> try it like so:
>
> Open Dolphin and browse to the folder with the .avi file in it. (I suggest
> creating a separate folder and moving the video file there if you have more
> than one video in the current folder - makes easier to manage all the files
> created.)
>
> Now hit your f4 key to open a terminal at the bottom of your dolphin window
> - you may need to resize it to see it better. The terminal window should
> display the path of the folder   you are in.
>
> Now in this example I will use the  name 'movie.avi'. Wherever you see
> this, substitute the filename of your video in its place
>
> enter this command:
> avisplit -s 700 -i movie.avi
>
> This will break the video into chunks no bigger than 700mb. You can change
> the 700 to whatever size you need.
>
> The resulting files created will look like this: movie.avi-0000,
> movie.avi-0001, and so on. Do note that your original movie.avi will also
> still be present in this folder
>
> --
> Clay Weber
> http://kubuntuforums.net
> http://flyballmaine.com
> http://emacdogsports.com

Dear Clay,

On one side you chew me up; on the other give me the help I need.  I can't
decide whether to love or hate you.  Guess it will have to be love, the
alternative is not allowed for me spiritually.  You probably put this in the
mail before I answered your chastisement, so I will just say.  Thanks!  I
really mean it.  And if you care, I never intend hurting anyone, although I
worry a bit less about that when someone threatens me.  Especially without
cause.  I was just trying to help him, if you know who I am talking about.

Steven