upgrade 8.04 -> 9.04+kde3: how?

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Sun Jun 14 23:21:39 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> And just to make the point, the web browser rendering engine is an
> embedded component in the same manner as the PDF and file management
> facilities are. Furthermore, the PDF component of Okular is embedded
> in Okular in the exact same manner that it is embedded in Konqueror,
> ditto for the file manager component in relation to Dolphin. Konqueror
> is not embedding Dolphin, it is using the same components that Dolphin
> is using. Konqueror is not embedding Okular either, it is using the
> same components that Okular is using.

While I do completely agree with you, I don't think it's a constructive
argument.  Yes, Dolphin and Konqueror both embed the same dolphin-part.
Okular & Konqueror embed the same okular-part.  Ditto for ark-parts, kate-
parts and who knows what else, but the fact is that all those k-parts are
actually part of the dolphin, okular, etc, packages and not konqueror.
--
derek