command for downloading a package to save

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 14 18:42:15 UTC 2009

On Saturday 13 June 2009 05:37:25 pm Jonas Norlander wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 11:05 PM, Steven
>
> Vollom<stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > A virus has blocked me from sending emails, from communicating with my
> > ISP, and now from downloading an application that may fix the problem.
> >  How can I download Klamov to a file, so I can copy it on a thumb drive
> > and install it on my infected computer?  Thanks!
> >
> > Steven
>
> I doubt that it is a virus that is blocking you from Internet. My
> sugestion is to search for other cause why you cant use e-mail or
> download. Do you  get a IP from your router? Can you ping it? Can you
> ping your ISP? Do you get right IP for your DNS and is the
> route/gateway right? What errors do you get when trying to send e-mail
> and download and what programs are you using?
>
> / Jonas

I no longer have any communication with the Internet.  The signal is stopped
at the modem.

I will accept and try any solutions you may provide,  You all just say I don't
have a virus, you give no tests that I can make to see if it is anything else.
I am willing to try anything.  All the recommendations made require an
Internet connection.  I can not get one on that computer.  It doesn't even
recognize the hardware anymore.

Reverse order of problem

Lost connection to the DSL modem.  The modem still works fine.  I am using it
now on my laptop.

Lost connection to router.

lost connection to server.

Misdirected send address dawn at Yeshua@emiphotography.com

Misdirected send address '.' to '--dot--'    dawn at emiaphotography--dot--com

Erased all communication of sender.

Implied threat in email trying to help sender.

Tried to find his need, off list, due to Myriam's request that I not help unless
I am sure.

Sent email off list to see more specifics to see if I could help.

Replied off List to someone in need of help on a day when no one else was
monitoring the List.  Check the day.  I think maybe my post and his for a
period of maybe 12 hours.  I may be wrong, but it was that kind of day.

That is my best recollection.

Steven