upgrade 8.04 -> 9.04+kde3: how?

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Sun Jun 14 16:24:33 UTC 2009

Joel Oliver wrote:

> Derek Broughton wrote:
>>  Dexter Filmore wrote:

>> > Now *really*!
>> > Maybe it's time to move to a distro again with a lesser moron part in
>> > the community.
>>
>>  Maybe.  It's a perfectly valid answer though.  It can be done, but it
>>  certainly won't be simple.
>
> I don't think the sarcasm was needed.  It was a straight-forward
> question.... He didn't go off on a kde4 bashing rant.

There's no sarcasm anywhere there.  It was "facetious", even "frivolous",
but _still_ a valid point.  It isn't simple to install KDE3 on a 9.04
system.

> Well anyway... If you NEED a new system and Kde3 I would recommend
> dumping Kubuntu for straight Debian.

See, even you are suggesting that it's too difficult to actually run a
current Ubuntu with KDE3.  Not to mention agreeing with the conclusion
Dexter reached after Muzer's response.
--
derek