upgrade 8.04 -> 9.04+kde3: how?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 14:15:31 UTC 2009

> I would be willing to bet that baring unforeseen catastrophes KDE 3.x
> will still run twenty years from now. I have one old laptop that still
> has DOS 6.2/Windows 3.1 and works just great. My old TRS80, TI-99-4A and
> CoCo still work also.

You should rather bet that there will be unforeseen catastrophes.
Engineers count on known unknowns and on unknown unknowns. KDE 3 is
unmaintained, and will be as dangerous and useless as Windows 3.1 is
today. Your Win 3.1 machine has no web browser, does not play mp3 or
divx files, does not run Solidworks, and does not run Office.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il