Is there virus removal software for Jaunty KDE

David McGlone david at dmcentral.net
Sun Jun 14 10:38:54 UTC 2009

On Sunday 14 June 2009 03:49:38 am Steven Vollom wrote:
> On Saturday 13 June 2009 10:09:35 pm David McGlone wrote:

> > > Thanks Jonas, but I cannot get the application.  The virus has stopped
> > > any method of communication on the Internet, save the browser.
> >
> > How are you writing to the list if you have no Internet?
> >

> > --
> > Blessings,
> > David M.
> > http://www.dmcentral.net
>
> I fixed an old broken laptop and connected the cable from the modem to the
> back of the laptop and it works fine.  Eberhard said to look for linux
> apps.  If I do that, I don't know how to install a tar ball.  If I found a
> .deb, could I download it to a folder, copy it to disk or flash drive and
> install it in the other machine that way.  Or could I download Klamov using
> this command, kdesudo apt-get Klamov without the word install, just to get
> the application, copy it to disk or flash then install it in the other
> machine.
>
> When I use a package manager to install an application, I really do not
> understand what it does when applied.  Same thing when using the konsole.
> I just type in kdesudo apt-get install and the application, then the
> computer automatically does it's thing.  I can't do that now, because it
> has to be downloaded to the laptop saved to disk and installed in the other
> box.
>
> I feel so stupid; apparently it is so easy that no one will explain.
> Still, I can't figure it out.

Here ya go. I don't know which packages you need. Click on this link and
scroll down and there is clamassassin, clamav, clamav-base, clamav-daemon,
clamav-data, clamav-freshclam, clamav-get files.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/utils/

when you click on each package link, it will take you to another page, scroll
to the bottom and choose your architecture to download the .deb files.

--
Blessings,
David M.