command for downloading a package to save

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Sat Jun 13 21:51:22 UTC 2009

On Saturday 13 Jun 2009 22:05:57 Steven Vollom wrote:
> A virus has blocked me from sending emails, from communicating with my ISP,
> and now from downloading an application that may fix the problem.  How can I
> download Klamov to a file, so I can copy it on a thumb drive and install it on
> my infected computer?  Thanks!
>
> Steven

Steven,

You automatically assume that a Virus is the cause of every computer problem you have. Since you're using Linux this is very, very, unlikely. Indeed the symptoms you're describing are not the sort of thing I'd expect a virus to cause. A more likely explanation is that your ISP is having temporary problems. You may just need to wait a while and see if things start working again. Also, try to think of anything you might have changed - is the router switched on for instance, or have you changed any settings? Ask yourself logical questions, don't automatically blame a Virus, I very much doubt that's anything to do with your problems.

Mark