Windows equivalent of 'startup'

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 21:44:46 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 11:23 PM, Ian L. Target<ian69 at comcast.net> wrote:
> 8.04
>
> I googled cron and pretty much understand it's purpose, but what I want
> is to have a program (fah6) run at startup.  I couldn't see where to do
> this in cron (I was using the kcron front end.)  Can cron be used to do
> this or do I use some other program?
>
> Ian

Do you whant it to start when you boot up or when you log in? For
running programs at login put a link or the program in
~/.kde/Autostart folder, i think you can do it teh GUI way from
Systemsettings. To run programs at boot put the commands to do it in
/etc/rc.local.
cron is not the tool to start a program that should run continuous.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cron for more info about cron.

/ Jonas