Is there virus removal software for Jaunty KDE

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 13 21:03:01 UTC 2009

On Saturday 13 June 2009 03:40:46 pm Mark Greenwood wrote:
> On Saturday 13 Jun 2009 19:23:46 Steven Vollom wrote:
> > I need the name of software that I can install on a terminal to remove a
> > virus.  Google search was ineffective at least for me.  Every word I
> > searched came up with everything but what I am looking for, and
> > Kpackagekit requires the exact name of an application to locate it.  I
> > remember with adpept, if I typed in the word virus, it was alreading
> > searching for anything with the word virus in it and several options
> > would usually appear; but KpackageKit requires an exact name.  TIA
> >
> > Steven
>
> The simplest one to install for KDE is Klamav - this installs the clamav
> engine mentioned earlier, plus a nice KDE application to control scanning.
> All you need to do then is run Klamav from the menu and scan.
>
> Mark

Dear Mark,

I connected to the modem of my dsl connection.  I have been using the Internet
to communicate, as I am now, on my laptop.  I have to use the direct line,
because the router seems to be not working right now.

Have you heard of a virus that can not only redirect your emails, change
communication with your ISP, and also screw up the Internet connection?

Any idea what to do when I can't download Klamav?  Thanks!

Steven