Kubuntu uses too much memory. What is the cause?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 18:52:56 UTC 2009

> I'm only running a small number of applications. If everything is ok with the
> software, these are the only solutions. I'll probably buy some memory. It's
> pretty cheap these days.

Reading this thread, I am not convinced that everything is alright
with the software, nor am I convinced that everything is alright with
your RAM.

Try running memtest one night, to ensure that your RAM is fine. If so,
then please post this question to the KDE list as 2 GB is plenty of
RAM, even half a GB should be enough for the usage that you describe.
Throwing hardware at the problem is a workaround, not a fix. And if
there are memory leaks in Amarok or Kontact, they need to be fixed.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il