KDE4 speed impressions.

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Sat Jun 13 10:11:21 UTC 2009

On Saturday 13 Jun 2009 10:35:11 Dotan Cohen wrote:

> Oh, no, the 64 bit version is not good. I've tried moving to 64 bit
> every version since Feisty. The problems are mostly confined to video
> problems and speed issues at the moment, which seems to reflect at
> least partially your experiences. What I do is test 64 it, file bugs
> so that the devs could improve it, then use 32 bit for my daily
> driver.

Strange how different people have different experiences. Jaunty has finally convinced me that 64-bit is worth using - it's running like a dream here. Fast and responsive. I wonder if the differences are video-driver related? I'm using the nvidia restricted driver - just a thought, I wonder if the binary part of that is 64 or 32 bit?

Mark