lost my most recent incoming emails on Live CD

David Kuntadi d.kuntadi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 16:47:57 BST 2009

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 9:38 PM, Steven
Vollom<stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I am sending this email even if when I remove the CD it boots normally.  In
> any event I sure appreciate the prompt help.  It sure looks like a command
> for me to remember.  I am reading somewhat as it works.  It seems to be
> cleaning, fixing up stuff.  If that is the case, and if it works, what a
> powerful command.  Is there any concern attached to using the command by
> a newbie?  In just finished, so I will copy then send.
>
> To run a command as administrator (user "root"), use "sudo <command>".
> See "man sudo_root" for details.
>
> ubuntu at ubuntu:~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh -a

You should run all the command without live CD, i.d boot your computer
and login even if it is only command prompt, and repeat again the
command one at a time and after one command completed every time
reboot:

sudo dpkg --configure -a

and then reboot. If it still go to command prompt again, then try:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

and then reboot. If it still go to command prompt again, then try:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure -phigh -a

and then reboot.

DK