lost my most recent incoming emails on Live CD

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 11 13:00:05 UTC 2009

I am using a Live CD due to a crash.  People are helpiing me, but each time I
try a suggestion, I have to remove the CD and boot.  I then lose the email
addresses that came on the live CD and the address of the person currently
helping me.  Eberhard Roloff asked me to start the xserver using the
command line.  I got this:

Xsession: unable to start xsession, no /home/steven/.xsession file, no
/home/steven/.xsession file, no session managers, no window managers,
and no terminal emulator found, aborting:

All I was doing was installing Xine using KpackageKit which caused whatever
is wrong.  That is the second time Xine has borked me.  Is it unusable?

I really need help.  If the best solution is to reinstall, I will, but this is
the 4th time in 3 days and installations and configurations take a lot of time.
I have an urgent need for my computer this evening with e-Sword installed.
It is for my church.  Installing Wine, e-Sword and Xine are the only things I
have tried to do and need accomplished for tonight, but people are
depending on me.  Please help.  I needed Xine, I think, but I will not try
that again.  There is something seriously wrong with it, I believe.  My only
attempt at installation has been using KpackageKit, so KpackageKit may be
the problem, I suppose, but KpackageKit has worked flawlessly and Xine has
never installed without causing problems.  Thanks for any help you may
give.  Especially if my only solution is to start over.

Steven