Easy way to install e-Sword through wine

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Tue Jun 9 20:34:12 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 09 June 2009 11:18:46 am Eberhard Roloff wrote:
> steven vollom wrote:
> > Please answer my question about GNB and mentioned features.  If they are
> > now available in Bibletime, I will struggle no further and install
> > Bibletime.  I also like many of the alternate offers, like historical
> > mapping, etc.  I can live without them, but I would rather go through the
> > trouble getting e-Sword installed than miss those features.  Thanks
> > brother.
> >
> > Steven
>
> Steven,
> you might like to try for yourself:
>
> sudo apt-get install bibletime
>
> after installing it, you will find additional modules and bibles here:
> http://www.crosswire.org/sword/modules/index.jsp
>
> There are about 36 english bibles available, among them a "bible in
> Basic english", if this is what you are looking for. I do not know, I
> just found a good bible (good for me) in german.

What he is looking for is Today's English Version (TEV) which is renamed in
some countries as Good News Translation (GNT) or Good News Bible (GNB),
however, if e-sword uses sword modules then he already has the Bible.  He
just needs to open it with Bibletime is all.  As for features, I like the
parallel display best and compare several versions at once back to a literal
translation such as Darby.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403