**Resolved** Re: Wine Install **Thanks to all**

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Tue Jun 9 19:58:02 UTC 2009

steven vollom wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 June 2009 10:08:41 am Billie Erin Walsh wrote:
>
>> Kind of hate to muddy already dark waters but the simplest way to
>> install Wine is through the usual repos. I then added the Wine HQ repo [
>> http://www.winehq.org/download/deb ] and it automatically keeps Wine
>> updated to the latest and greatest as each is released. Alternatively
>> just put the Wine repo in your sources and install just like any other
>> piece of software.
>>
>> The Wine repo is super easy to put into your sources list as the page [
>> http://www.winehq.org/download/deb ] has step by step instructions and
>> screen shots to make it simple and clear.  Some of the best instructions
>> I've seen anywhere in the Linux world.
>>
>> --
>> Treat all stressful situations like a dog does.
>> If you can't eat it or play with it,
>> just pee on it and walk away
>>

> Dear Billy,
>
> I have gotten kind of goosey when it comes to using the konsole and outside
> sources.  Hopefully I do it mostly right now, but each time I see evidence of
> having to use the command line, I get nervous a bit.
>
> The Ubuntu site for installation of Wine is really great.  I just panicked a
> bit when I came to an entry that was labeled Code: rather that the address to
> get something.  Without considering the matter any closer, I was mentally in
> the state to nervously use the konsole again.
>
> I took a break and went outside, chatted with a neighbor for a bit, and
> returned to the computer.  When I recognized the ridiculous way I had been
> thinking, I went to the site using the browser, and fixed the problem
> immediately.  It was my foolishness again.  The guy or gal who did the work
> did a great job making it easy.  Thanks for the help.
>
> Steven

Sometimes when something is kicking your butt it is best to just walk
away for a few minutes. Go watch a movie on TV or something else for a
while.

Many years ago when I was in school I completely rebuilt the distributor
on my car. Afterwards the darn thing ran great up to about 35 and then
just fell on it's face. I tore my hair out for two days trying to figure
out what was wrong. One morning I jumped straight up out of bed at about
5AM, jerked on some clothes and ran out to the car. Took off the
distributer and flipped over the mechanical advance weights and put
everything back. I had installed them backwards by accident when I
overhauled it. For two day I had thought of virtually nothing else but
that darned distributor. Once I forgot all about it the answer hit me
like a flash of lightening.

When your up against the wall you can't see anything except the brick
right in front of your nose. Step back and you can see the wall better.
A new perspective is a good thing sometimes.