Easy way to install e-Sword through wine

David Kuntadi d.kuntadi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 10:46:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

Long ago, I have started using e-Sword on linux. But it requires some
tweaks that I could not find on internet. As such, I have made some
experiment and make work perfectly. At first I share the steps to do
it, but many people having difficulties to follow it and I have to
spend time to guide them slowly. In order to make it easier, I make an
installation script so that people want to install e-Sword on linux
just need to point and click, and viola, it works perfectly.

Using that installer, it is even easier to install e-Sword on linux
than on microsoft windows. I have put up a backup and restore function
as well, to save all your work in case you need it. I have also make a
script to create e-Sword portable running on usb, on any computer
running linux.

Please check out in ubuntuforums below:

I just updated the script to run latest e-Sword ( version 9.0.3).

Please let me know if any of you need more help.

DK