public key

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Thu Jun 4 08:35:40 UTC 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> Steven, okay, but please don't say we didn't warn you. If you ever
>> 'upgrade' to kde 4.3 beta, you won't hear a sound from me.
>
> While I agree that Stephen and others new to Linux should not beta
> test software (using "beta" software means that you are beta testing
> it, regardless of what Google has hijacked the term for), I do think
> that an upgrade to 4.2.4 would be a very helpful move for Stephen. He
> should know by now how to add a repo and install software. He must be
> able to make a descretion between "this PPA is good for me" and "this
> PPA is bad for me". If in doubt, he is welcome to ask here.
>
> Stephen, if you are following: ditch the GUI software management tools
> and learn to use apt-get and aptitude from the CLI. It will make your
> life much easier.

Okay, good to know that, but I still think kde 4.3 beta is horrendous.
You would need to have lots of workarounds; it is not easy, messes up
lots of simple tasks; have to edit fstab, lots of cli commands (I have
to have aliases set up in .bashrc to simplify) and so forth.

Dotan, it's not that I am not willing to help out Steven, it's just that
kde 4.3 is a tough nut to crack. But it's good to know you're helpful
and glad to know you on the list.

Regards
Goh Lip

Live as if you were to die tomorrow.