public key

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Thu Jun 4 03:45:59 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
> (Trim)
>> ok, rule number 1 steven, no 3rd party repositories of any kind!
>> please, stick to the default repositories, and you would be ok, have you
>> not learned anything from your previous experiences when trying to jump
>> way ahead of yourself? slowly steps is what you need.
>> get a stable system from default repositories, learn to have *full*
>> control and knowledge of your system before jumping to fancy stuff in
>> other repositories. otherwise, forgive me for it Steven, but i won't
>> (and i know many won't as well) help you out with such trouble. you HAVE
>> to have complete knowledge of your current system before moving to
>> another step, or else, we would be walking in a circle here.
>
> I have 2 computers now, Willie.  I had kde 4.2.3 on this, my old box that was
> for the experiments I like to try.  Still, when something happened to the
> hardware on my new box, I had to use this one to keep in touch and to try to
> find the solution to fixing my new machine.  I had difficulty getting the ppa to
> work, I remember when I installed it in this box before.
>
> In any event, when I went to the old box, it had that terrible mounting system
> I have had problems with for years.  When I learned how to fix the mounting
> problems on the new box, it was wonderful.  I retained kde 4.2.2 on the new
> box, even though I upgraded to kde 4.2.3 on this one.  When I reinstalled the
> OS on this machine, I wanted to install the kde 4.2.3 again, but couldn't
> remember how I did that.  When I saw you approaching the subject, I thought I
> could restore this machine again.  I really have not had any trouble with it
> so far, and I have been waiting until it is stable to install it on the 64 bit
> box.  I think it a good idea to wait on this box anyway, until the 64bit is up
> again.  A friend thinks it is a memory problem, but I think it may be
> something else.  I hate to think that it might be a socket problem with memory
> and not memory.  I tested the memory and it worked in the first two slots.
>
> As far as waiting until I understand everything about linux, I really can't do
> that.  My health is not all that good; each additional day is a blessing.  If
> I take your suggestion, it will take the fun out of this stuff, I might as well
> just pack it in.  I want at least one box working all the time, but I don't
> want to live safe.  I want to learn and experience as much as I am able in the
> time I have.  I love the fact that you guys try to protect me; I just don't
> want to take the fun out of learning.
>
> Sometimes I get a little stressed when it looks like I can't get it working
> again, but even then I enjoy the repair, much more than stability.  Thanks
> friend.
>
> Steven
<chortle>
Steven, okay, but please don't say we didn't warn you. If you ever
'upgrade' to kde 4.3 beta, you won't hear a sound from me.
Oh.. I forgot, you can't do that now.. it's been taken off.
Anyway, have fun. Still... there are many other ways to have fun besides
Kubuntu, like skydiving, scuba, shark baiting <chortle>
.....are you sure there are not many things you want do first? <chortle>

Regards,
Goh Lip