Kubuntu 9.04 on sony vaio VGN-NS11S

David McGlone david at dmcentral.net
Thu Jun 4 01:20:06 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 03 June 2009 03:30:18 am Humberto S. Shiromoto wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 2:36 AM, David McGlone <david at dmcentral.net> wrote:
> > Ok what does this command give you:
> >
> > ls -la /dev/scd0
>
> humberto at socrates:~$ ls -la /dev/scd0
> ls: cannot access /dev/scd0: No such file or directory

It doesn't seem your system is recognizing the CD Rom. I'm pretty much
stumped. Other than suggesting you check in the BIOS to see if the computer
actually knows it's there, I don't know what else to suggest.

In my 12 or so years of using Linux I've never had an install that didn't
recognize the CD Rom.

Maybe you could find something on the manufacturer's website of your laptop for
some clues.

--
Blessings,
David M.