Sound problem,

Billie Erin Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Wed Jun 3 22:06:11 UTC 2009

Kubuntu 9.04-64/KDE4.2.2

I can play movies and videos on the computer and the sound works just
fine. But, when watching something like youtube the sound won't work
properly. The sound is choppy and stuttery is the best I can describe it.

Is there someplace like "My Computer" that lists all the hardware etc.
on the computer? I'm not sure what sound is on the mother board. I
suspect something from ATI but.......  I also suspect that there is a
CLI command something along the lines of "ls" something that might show
the sound card. Whatever works.I mostly need to find out if the proper
drivers are installed. I _think_ they are because in cases of local
video the sound is fine.

I don't believe it's an internet connection problem. My ISP is more like
a fire hose than a garden hose. 1.5meg bandwidth. I routinely, if the
server I'm downloading from can take it, get 230/250 kb/s download
speeds. Once in a while even better.

--
Treat all stressful situations like a dog does.
If you can't eat it or play with it,