flash for Firefox (64-bit jaunty)?

John DeCarlo johndecarlo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 21:34:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:00 AM, D. R. Evans <doc.evans at gmail.com> wrote:

> It doesn't work on the BBC, though (all I get is the little spinning circle
> thingy circling forever) -- here, for example:
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/the_p_word/newsid_8076000/8076821.stm.

OK, I am running 64-bit Jaunty, with the default Firefox install (don't know
why, just lazy so far).

The link above works fine for me.

about:plugins
Installed plugins Find more information about browser plugins at
mozilla.org<https://pfs.mozilla.org/plugins/>.

Help for installing plugins is available from plugindoc.mozdev.org.
------------------------------
Shockwave Flash File name: npwrapper.libflashplayer.so Shockwave Flash 10.0
r22  MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave
Flash swf Yes  application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player spl Yes Default
Plugin File name: libnullplugin.so The default plugin handles plugin data
for mimetypes and extensions that are not specified and facilitates
downloading of new plugins.  MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled  * All
types .* No Demo Print Plugin for unix/linux File
name:libunixprintplugin.soThe demo print plugin for unix.  MIME
Type Description Suffixes Enabled  application/x-print-unix-nsplugin Demo
Print Plugin for Unix/Linux .pnt Yes VLC Multimedia Plugin (compatible Totem
2.26.1) File name: libtotem-cone-plugin.so The
Totem<http://www.gnome.org/projects/totem/>2.26.1 plugin handles video
and audio streams.  MIME
Type Description Suffixes Enabled  application/x-vlc-plugin VLC Multimedia
Plugin
Yes  application/vlc VLC Multimedia Plugin
Yes  video/x-google-vlc-plugin VLC Multimedia Plugin
Yes  application/x-ogg Ogg multimedia file ogg Yes  application/ogg Ogg
multimedia file ogg Yes  audio/ogg Ogg Audio oga Yes  audio/x-ogg Ogg Audio
ogg Yes  video/ogg Ogg Video ogv Yes  video/x-ogg Ogg Video ogg Yes
application/annodex Annodex exchange format anx Yes  audio/annodex Annodex
Audio axa Yes  video/annodex Annodex Video axv Yes  video/mpeg MPEG video mpg,
mpeg, mpe Yes  audio/wav WAV audio wav Yes  audio/x-wav WAV audio wav Yes
audio/mpeg MP3 audio mp3 Yes  application/x-nsv-vp3-mp3 NullSoft video nsv
Yes  video/flv Flash video flv Yes  application/x-totem-plugin Totem
Multimedia plugin
Yes Windows Media Player Plug-in 10 (compatible; Totem) File
name:libtotem-gmp-plugin.soThe
Totem <http://www.gnome.org/projects/totem/> 2.26.1 plugin handles video and
audio streams.  MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled
application/x-mplayer2 AVI video avi, wma, wmv Yes  video/x-ms-asf-plugin ASF
video asf, wmv Yes  video/x-msvideo AVI video asf, wmv Yes  video/x-ms-asf ASF
video asf Yes  video/x-ms-wmv Windows Media video wmv Yes  video/x-wmv Windows
Media video wmv Yes  video/x-ms-wvx Windows Media video wmv Yes
video/x-ms-wm Windows Media video wmv Yes  video/x-ms-wmp Windows Media
video wmv Yes  application/x-ms-wms Windows Media video wms Yes
application/x-ms-wmp Windows Media video wmp Yes  application/asx Microsoft
ASX playlist asx Yes  audio/x-ms-wma Windows Media audio wma Yes DivX® Web
Player File name: libtotem-mully-plugin.so DivX Web Player version
1.4.0.233  MIME
Type Description Suffixes Enabled  video/divx AVI video divx Yes QuickTime
Plug-in 7.2.0 File name: libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so The
Totem<http://www.gnome.org/projects/totem/>2.26.1 plugin handles video
and audio streams.  MIME
Type Description Suffixes Enabled  video/quicktime QuickTime video mov Yes
video/mp4 MPEG-4 video mp4 Yes  image/x-macpaint MacPaint Bitmap image pntg
Yes  image/x-quicktime Macintosh Quickdraw/PICT drawing pict, pict1, pict2
Yes  video/x-m4v MPEG-4 video m4v Yes libnpjp2.so File name: libnpjp2.so
 MIME Type Description Suffixes Enabled  application/x-java-vm Java
Yes  application/x-java-applet Java
Yes  application/x-java-applet;version=1.1 Java
Yes  application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.1 Java
Yes  application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.2 Java
Yes  application/x-java-applet;version=1.1.3 Java
Yes  application/x-java-applet;version=1.2 Java
Yes  application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.1 Java
Yes  application/x-java-applet;version=1.2.2 Java
Yes  application/x-java-applet;version=1.3 Java
Yes  application/x-java-applet;version=1.3.1 Java
Yes  application/x-java-applet;version=1.4 Java
Yes  application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.1 Java
Yes  application/x-java-applet;version=1.4.2 Java
Yes  application/x-java-applet;version=1.5 Java
Yes  application/x-java-applet;version=1.6 Java
Yes  application/x-java-applet;jpi-version=1.6.0_13 Java
Yes  application/x-java-bean Java
Yes  application/x-java-bean;version=1.1 Java
Yes  application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.1 Java
Yes  application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.2 Java
Yes  application/x-java-bean;version=1.1.3 Java
Yes  application/x-java-bean;version=1.2 Java
Yes  application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.1 Java
Yes  application/x-java-bean;version=1.2.2 Java
Yes  application/x-java-bean;version=1.3 Java
Yes  application/x-java-bean;version=1.3.1 Java
Yes  application/x-java-bean;version=1.4 Java
Yes  application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.1 Java
Yes  application/x-java-bean;version=1.4.2 Java
Yes  application/x-java-bean;version=1.5 Java
Yes  application/x-java-bean;version=1.6 Java
Yes  application/x-java-bean;jpi-version=1.6.0_13 Java
Yes

--
John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34091576500&ref=mf