Kubuntu 9.04 on sony vaio VGN-NS11S

O. Sinclair o.sinclair at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:09:40 BST 2009

Humberto S. Shiromoto wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Goh Lip <g.lip at gmx.com
> <mailto:g.lip at gmx.com>> wrote:
>
>     /dev/scd0       /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0
>           0
>

> Thanks for the suggestion but my fstab already had this line.
>
>     fromO. Sinclair <o.sinclair at gmail.com <mailto:o.sinclair at gmail.com>>
>
>     hint: start the KSysguard (ctrl+esc) and filter for "hald" then see if
>     you have line re "hald disabled from polling /dev/something"
>

> I tried to find this line but there's not.
>
> I really don't know what I can to do...
in the search line in KSysguard type hald
you should see an output/process "hald-addon-stor"
if you maximise the windows you have a column "command" that in my case
tells me that "hald-addon-storage" is polling /dev/scd0 every 2 secs"

Did you try the command
sudo hal-disable-polling --enable-polling --device /dev/scd0