Realtime scheduling doesn't work

Mark Greenwood fatgerman at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 2 22:22:18 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I've never tired this before in *buntu but I've done it OK in other distros. I'm using Kubuntu Jaunty.

I'm trying to run jackd with realtime scheduling, but it keeps reporting that it can't do it. I've installed kernel-rt.

My normal approach is to edit /etc/security/limits.conf. I've chosen to edit permissions for a group my user is a member of, so
@video 	-	rtprio		95
@video	-	memlock	512000
@video	-	nice		-19

this works in every other distro I've used but *buntu seems to ignore it. Is it because buntu only speaks policykit? How can I sort this, it's pretty much a showstopper for me.

Mark.