Update repair question.

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Tue Jun 2 03:48:49 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
> steven at Yeshua:~$ kdesudo kate /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> kate(9081) KToolInvocation::klauncher: klauncher not running...
> launching kdeinit
> I can't make any sense from what I see; can you?  What do I do, just
> forget about it?

I'm not sure but I suppose you are referring to the messages you saw
when you started the command "kdesudo kate /etc/apt/sources.list". Then
yes, forget about it because that are debug messages which may mean
something to the program authors but which are meaningless for the user.
After all kate is not meant to be started from the command line, so you
usually don't see these messages.

Anyway, does the command "sudo apt-get update" work now or is there
still a problem?

Nils