Update repair question.

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Mon Jun 1 19:03:30 UTC 2009

Steven Vollom wrote:
> I updated and got the following as a conclusion to the update.  I see
> the Commands and Options, also what is wrong with my system, I just
> do not know how to apply what is suggested.  Help please.
>
> W: Failed to fetch cdrom://Kubuntu 9.04 _Jaunty Jackalope_ - Release
> i386 (20090420.1)/dists/jaunty/main/binary-i386/Packages  Please use
> apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update
> cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs

I suppose you still have the installation CD in your sources file. You
could either insert the CD (not useful) or delete the entry from the
file "/etc/apt/sources.list". To do so, use the command

kdesudo kate /etc/apt/sources.list

and remove the line that starts with "deb cdrom:" or put a # sign in
front of the line.

> steven at Yeshua:~$ apt-cdrom

Well, the error message was a bit misleading because you probably don't
want to update from a cdrom but from the internet only. Therefore the
suggested apt-cdrom command doesn't apply to you.

Nils