audio format converter

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Fri Jul 31 17:09:36 UTC 2009

If they're .WAV files, then I'd convert them to Ogg Vorbis.  If they're
FLAC files, then it depends on how much space you have/need.  Given that
FLAC is lossless (like WAV), an Ogg Vorbis conversion will give you
superlative quality.

I just thought of a way to convert the lossy-formatted ones (e. g. WMV,
MP3) so that there will be no further fidelity loss.  Consider
converting these to FLAC, which is lossless.  The file size will be a
bit bigger, but the fidelity will remain.  Pretty much all the SanDisk
Sansa devices support FLAC (and Ogg Vorbis, BTW); I have a Sansa Clip
that I just love for this reason.

--TP
Do you GNU <http://www.gnu.org>?
Microsoft Free since 2003 <http://www.cmosnetworks.com>--the ultimate