Quassel and Konversation

Steven Vollom stevenvollom at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 23 14:51:19 UTC 2009

On Thursday 23 July 2009 09:57:01 am clay weber wrote:
> Jonathan Thomas wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > The Kubuntu team is wondering. We would like to know, between
> > Konversation and Quassel, which IRC client you prefer and why. But mainly
> > we want to hear why. We don't want to hear "Quassel sucks!" "Konversation
> > sucks!" "Quassel for evar!!!" or anything as superficial as that. ;-)
>
> Quassel rawks! Konvi is teh shizzle
>
> Sorry, couldn't resist :)
>
> Unfortunately, I would have a hard time deciding. I currently use
> Quassel and have no issues with it and like its simplicity. I have not
> tried the KDE4 version of Konversation in a while.
>
> Konversation is much closer to what I assume most irc users are
> accustomed to in terms of features and ui. While I don't like the idea
> of switching defaults so quickly, I do understand and agree with the
> reasons for selecting Quassel at the time. Is there any overriding
> reason to switch this cycle? Will Konversation have a stable KDE4
> release in time for Karmic's release?
>
> > Also, if we have people here who frequent the K/Ubuntu forums it would be
> > nice if we could get polls running on both forums and linked here.
>
> I'll do that in KFN
> http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/index.php?topic=3105279.msg189529
>
> > Thanks in advanced,
> > Jonathan "JontheEchidna" Thomas
>
> clay weber

Dear Clay,

I have never used konversation or Quassel.  I have both installed.  How do you
use them?  Who determines topic?  Is it like the List only realtime?  Mostly
alone, it is since this list that I have started communicating with strangers
on line.  I really only want to talk about computer stuff to learn.  Is that
what Quassel is for?  Just one more time I show how little I know.

Steven