Start Confirmations

Jonas Norlander jonorland at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 17:23:37 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Paul Lemmons <paul at lemmons.name> wrote:

> [...]

I don't understand why so many has problems with this, it's a security
risk (not a big one but still...) and it's not the UNIX way to be able
to execute programs if not the execute-bit is set on the file.
Speaking of Microsoft and Vista why do so many have problems with
that? You have to type a password in Linux to when accessing hardware
or changing things in the system.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2009-February/010209.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2009-February/msg00132.html

/ Jonas