Konqueror

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Tue Jul 21 14:24:55 UTC 2009

David McGlone wrote:

> On Monday 20 July 2009 08:22:59 am Derek Broughton wrote:

>> > It's both inconvenient and annoying to
>> > try and figure out which browser to use for which sites.
>>
>> You don't.  You browse everything in Konqueror, and if something doesn't
>> work, right click on the page and tell it to "Open with Firefox".  I do
>> this all the time.  otoh, I would never dream of turning off javascript.
>> One might as well run a copy of Navigator 3 or IE 4.  I'd be happy if I
>> really could view the web without Flash, but viewing the web without
>> javascript is ignoring most of the strength of the web.
>
> True, my point was, why not use a browser that works just fine and
> eliminate the hassle of even opening another browser window when things
> don't work.

Because (a) I like konqueror better when it works, and (b) I also _want_ to
know what doesn't work in konqueror.

otoh...

> Try telling someone your trying to convince to switch to linux that in
> konqueror, often sites do not work right, so you need to right click and
> open the site in a completely different browser.

I _don't_ tell them to use konqueror :-)  When I finally got my wife off
Windows (despite all the resistance, the actual move was anti-climactic) I
taught her konqueror purely as a file browser, and she uses Firefox for the
web.

--
derek