Kubuntu [simple] DVD authoring tools

Nigel Ridley nigel at prayingforisrael.net
Mon Jul 20 17:34:25 UTC 2009

Nigel Ridley wrote:
> Running 9.04
>
> OK, I've Googled the subject line and read loads of tutorials etc and got information overload....
>
> I just want to take a collection of .mwv [fishing] video clips and burn them to DVD (for stand
> alone players) so that I can give them to some friends for their encouragement.
> How can I get all of them to play one after another with/without user intervention?
> The apps that I looked at all seemed geared to create titles and menus etc.
>
> Any suggestions? cmd line is OK.
>
> Blessings,
>
> Nigel

Thanks to all who answered.

I'm not sure if I will continue as I just did a quick conversion of a 39.4mb .flv (using
DownloadHelper (the Firefox addon)) to mpg dvd (option via right click)and the resulting file was
a whopping 245mb! Is this normal?

I might just copy the .wmv files to a cd and find out if my friends have stand alone players that
can play .wmv's.

Thanks again to all that helped -- good info for the future.....

Blessings,

Nigel

--
PrayingForIsrael.net