KDE4 compositing won't switch on

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Thu Jul 16 20:51:46 BST 2009

Donn wrote:

> On Thursday, 16 July 2009 20:24:25 Derek Broughton wrote:
>> While I would not say that bumping isn't polite, I would suggest it's
>> unhelpful.
>> You've been here long enough to know that if we even think we
>> have an answer you'll hear about it.
> Yes and no. There really were no posting going on for about a week.

Posting was certainly happening.  Even though I was gone for a week, there's
was lots to come back to (I really don't understand how you all managed
without me).

> I was hoping that you or Dotan or one of the other more advanced regulars
> may have some clue to how to start troubleshooting this thing.

Not a clue.  I routinely see a message that compositing was too slow, so
it's been turned off.  But I just turn it on again (alt-shift-f12, iirc) and
it always works.  I'm not really sure _why_ I turn it on, because I can't
say I notice the difference.

>> So bumping or reposting is only going
>> to annoy people.
> I don't seem to be able to avoid this.