KDE4 compositing won't switch on

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 21:47:30 UTC 2009

On Thursday, 16 July 2009 21:51:46 Derek Broughton wrote:
> (I really don't understand how you all
> managed without me).
Ha! We didn't.

> Not a clue.
Darn.

> and it always works.  I'm not really sure _why_ I turn it on, because I
> can't say I notice the difference.
When the "plasma holes" get too severe I switch 3D on and things kind of reset
and work well for a time. Now that 3D is not working at all, I have had to get
used to a weekly KDE reset when the general plasma insanity peaks. Jeez - a
reset once a week... That's more than I had to do every 6 months under Gutsy!

Thanks anyway Derek,
\d